Natural Therapies are Booming
Today, more and more people and turning to natural therapies. And it’s easy to see why. Rising health insurance premiums, an ageing population, and a desire to take control of our health and wellbeing means more people are embracing natural approaches to healing.
And because natural therapies are considered complementary to conventional medicine, they tend to blend well with existing health plans.
It’s true that alternative health therapies have never been so available or accepted. And with more people choosing complementary medicine, comes a greater range of study options – and increased opportunities and revenue for natural therapy practitioners.
Let’s look at the growth of natural therapies in more detail:
Natural therapies on the rise
Insiders say industry revenue is only going to keep rising, given the boost in total health expenditure across Australia and the world.
Steady demand growth is forecast to drive revenue up by 3.4% each year, over the next five years, to $4.5 billion in 2018 to 2019.
Why is the natural therapies industry booming?
There are many reasons why this is the age for a natural approach to health and healing. Some external drivers include:
- We’re more health aware: Consumers have opened their eyes to health and healing in recent years. More of us are aware of the need to look holistically at what’s happening inside and outside our bodies – and so we are adding complementary treatments into the mix.
- We’re getting older: Australia – like the rest of the world – has an ageing population. Interestingly, alternative health therapists are visited more often by people over the age of 50 than younger folk.
- We’re better insured:Private health insurance extras cover often includes chiropractic and osteopathy, and more natural health therapies are being added every day. And if these treatments are included in a patient’s plan, they are more likely to adopt them.
Join the booming natural therapies industry
As you can see, complementary medicine is in the midst of a boom. New colleges and clinics crop up all the time, which means many more opportunities for students and practitioners – as well as consumers.
No doubt about it, the industry needs new teachers and workers.
There’s never been a better time to join the natural therapies transformation!
And if you’re passionate about studying natural therapies, but don’t know where to start, we can help. Just follow these simple steps:
- Answer a few simple questions about your study goals
- We find the most relevant schools for you
- The school will contact you to discuss your options and answer any questions
Natural Therapy Pages