Not quite sure where to start?
Did you know that most colleges run open days where you can visit their campus and interact with a range of staff, students and even attend lectures and workshops?
They give you the chance to explore the facilities available and get a feel for the culture of the campus and to talk to staff. It is a perfect opportunity to ask questions about courses, facilities and future plans in a first hand, face to face setting.
- Learn first hand about courses and career outcomes
- Find out detailed information about your chosen courses from a Course Advisor
- Discuss course & career options
- Get the opportunity to meet lecturers and academic staff face-to-face
- Get a feel for a campus with a tour
- Find out what VET FEE-HELP is all about
- Meet and interact with students, past and present
Questions to Ask on College Open Days
Before you dive headlong into your chosen area of study make sure you ask questions that give you a real insight into the institution and the courses they offer. Let’s face it, these are potentially life-changing decisions you will be making. Some questions to ask include:
- How many staff teach at the college?
- How many staff teach the course you intend to study?
- How long is the course?
- How flexible are study options?
- Is VET FEE-HELP available for your course?
- Is accommodation available and what standard is it?
- Were staff helpful during your visit?
Before attending college open dasy make a schedule so you know which staff you want to meet and where you need to go. This will ensure that you get the most of your visit and choose the right natural therapy course for you.